Zimbabwe Lithium to start DMS plant construction by Q2
January 22, 2019
- The results of the testwork met the company’s expectations.
- Zimbabwe Lithium in December concluded a $9.5-million offtake finance facility term sheet with Transamine Trading.
- Zimbabwe Lithium has appointed Green Resources Company to undertake an environmental-impact assessment on the project.
- The company and a local Zimbabwean engineering firm MEPP aim to complete all aspects of the engineering DMS plant design criteria with MinMet, leading into the importation, erection and construction of the Phase 1 plant during the second and third quarters of the year.
- During the first quarter Zimbabwe Lithium will start the refurbishment of existing buildings, the preparation of the plant and associated buildings and recondition the electrical, water and sewerage infrastructure at the Kamativi site.
Chimata Gold and Zimbabwe Partner Completes Planned Drilling Activities at the Kamativi Tailings Site
June 11, 2018
Chimata announces its partner, Zimbabwe Lithium Company has completed the auger drilling program at the Kamativi Tailings Project in Zimbabwe. The 1,500 metre drill plan was undertaken in order to determine the potential size and grade of a Mineral Resource as this term is defined in National Instrument 43-101 - Respecting Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (NI 43-101).
Chimata Files Technical Report on Zim Lithium Project
April 06, 2018
Chimata announces that the Company has filed an NI 43-101 Technical Report (the Provisional Report). The Provisional Report was completed in order to further define the scope of the lithium deposit on the Kamativi Lithium Tailings property (the Property) and to better understand the potential of the upcoming work being completed on the potential Mineral Resource, as this term is defined in NI 43-101 Respecting Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (NI 43-101).
Chimata Begins Drilling at the Kamativi Lithium Project Site
April 03, 2018
Chimata announces that it has commenced drilling at the Kamativi Lithium Tailings Project (the Project) in Zimbabwe. Drilling is being conducted in order to further define the scope of the lithium deposit on the property, and to understand the economic viability and value of the potential Mineral Resource. The initial auger drilling is fully funded and the program is based on a nominal 100m x 100m drill hole spacing, comprising a total of 1500m of drilling over 75 drill holes covering the Project footprint.
Chimata and Zimbabwe Lithium Co completing technical report
March 06, 2018
Chimata is pleased to announce that it is in the process of completing a NI 43-101 Technical Report (the Provisional Report) with Zimbabwe Lithium Company. The Provisional Report reveals an exploration target with a volume range of 14,800,000 to 15,080,000 cubic meters and a tonnage range of between 23,000,000 to 25,000,000 metric tonnes of tailings material, the Kamativi Tailings Dump (KTD) at a grade range of 0.29 % to 1.13 % Li2O with 70% being Spodumene.
Chimata Gold Corp Signs Binding LOI With Zimbabwe Lithium Company
February 14, 2018
Chimata will subscribe to the share capital of ZIM for an initial subscription of 19% of ZIMs share capital in exchange for the allocation by Chimata of an amount of shares representing 19% of its then issued and outstanding share capital to ZIM. The entering into the Definitive Agreement is also subject to the production by ZIM of a technical report.