ZUPCO, Kombi Operators Ink Deal
October 12, 2019
Officials from ZUPCO on Friday inked a deal with some kombi operators to bring their vehicles under the parastatal’s franchise. By late afternoon, a number of commuter omnibuses with ZUPCO stickers were transporting passengers from Harare CBD at a cost of $2.
Production of 500 buses starts next month
September 17, 2019
The production of 500 buses offered to Zimbabwe to modernise its mass public transport starts next month, Belarus Chief of Presidential Affairs General Colonel Victor Sheiman has said.
- Zimbabwe engineers have submitted designs for the appropriate buses for Zimbabwean roads
- Engineers from both countries have since confirmed the technical task
- In about a month or two, Belarus will start producing the buses
- Financial scheme of supply of the buses will also be discussed
- The buses will be supplied as knocked-down kits
ED commissions new Zupco fleet
April 17, 2019
President Mnangagwa yesterday commissioned 39 of 300 buses which the Government has secured as part of measures to ease the plight of commuters who are being ripped off by private operators.
The 300 buses are part of an overall Government policy to revamp the transport sector and introduce a mass transport system, with a further 500 buses from Belarus soon to be availed.